Aioli is pretty much like a mayonnaise but it contains garlic, lemon juice and more olive oil, making it a little richer than mayonnaise, and used more as a dip than a spread. There's so many versions of aioli but this is a pretty damn good one to use.
yields: 500 ml
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: -
What you'll need
- 4 garlic confit cloves (or roasted garlic cloves)
- 4 organic free-range eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 400 mls extra virgin olive oil (add extra if needed)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
I love adding some spices, chilli and lime or preserved lemon for extra flavour.
Leftover aioli can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4–5 days.